An exciting, fast-paced game that is played across the world and officially recognized by both FIFA and UEFA.
- 5 v 5, small-sided game played on a hard-surface, basketball-sized court with a smaller, low-bounce ball. It is played with touchline boundaries and no walls.
- Places great emphasis on technical skill in high pressure situations which can translate into a player’s soccer game. The sport is a great skill developer as it demands quick reflexes, fast thinking and pinpoint passing.
- Played in all continents of the world, in over 100 countries, by more than 12 million players. World-renowned players like Pele, Zico, Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka and Katia grew up playing the game and credit futsal with developing their skills.
What is Futsal?
The top priority of Futsal is to motivate players in an environment that is conducive to learning. The more pleasure kids derive from their participation, the more they wish to play and practice on their own. While the instinct to play is natural, their passion and appreciation for soccer must be cultivated. Futsal is the foundation for skill development and love of the game because it:
- Allows players to frequently touch the ball
- Presents many opportunities to score goals and score often
- Encourages regaining possession of the ball as productive, fun and rewarding(defending)
- Maximizes active participation and minimizes inactivity and boredom
- Eliminates complicated rules such as off-sides that may hinder youngsters from "playing"